Friday 20 February 2015

Self Sabotage and Pizza

This is what happens when I eat Pizza.  And I KNOW this.  So why do I do this to myself, knowingly?

I’m holding on for dear life
There’s nothing I can do
Rocking back and forth whispering STOP
It’s ok, this is something I’ll get through

The pain is ripping me in half
I am blinded by it and feeling sick
The only thing I know how to do
Is just rock back and forth as I sit

My legs are weak, thank god I’m sitting
And sweat breaks out on my brow
I feel myself being torn in two
I just have to get through this some how

There is nothing I can do at all,
The pain is so intense I want to be sick
I need to grab hold of something
The darkness is coming too quick

A spasm hits me, God it’s intense
Breathe in, breathe out, just breathe
It’s like I could forget about breathing and
Blacking out would be such a relief

But I have to stay here and endure
It will be over soon, of this I am positive
Relief comes closer as time passes
And my body has nothing left to give

I lay back down, I think it’s over
But the pain niggles as I try to sleep
Within a few minutes, the flood of pain is back
So intense, I can do nothing but weep

I ride the wave, I crash back down
I pray for the moment the pain fades away
I rock back and forth whispering STOP
The pain, the agony, I just don’t want to play

Another wave, another spasm
I am lost as to where I can go from here
I just continue my rocking back and forth
Knowing that soon I’ll have nothing to fear

I don’t know how long this will last
Time between each wave is lengthening now
So maybe I will go and lie down
And try as hard as I can, to sleep somehow


©Janeen Hayes 2015

1 comment:

  1. Sweetie, take a deep breath. Drink some water. Calm yourself. You will be fine. Keep thinking this. You are safe in your home. We all do things to sabotage ourselves. Don't beat yourself up. Today is a new day. And...no more pizza. Luv ya! Hugs and hugs. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ’›

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my Blog. May the sun always shine on you, even if it is the darkest of days.