Wednesday 24 June 2015

Saying Goodbye

Let me premise this by saying, this one is just for me.  It is sad and it may be morbid, but I just had to get it out.  So, if  you don't want to read any further, I totally understand.  But if you do.... Thanks

I am sitting at my computer
With headphones over my ears,
But even though the music is playing
There is really no sound I hear.

I am not really listening to the tunes,
And I can’t really hear any words
Because I’m not really hearing the music
Don’t worry, I know this sounds absurd

Have you ever been in a time and place
But felt totally disconnected
Seen an event before your eyes
But if asked to, you couldn’t recollect it

Have you ever travelled from here to there
And wondered how you got there later
Because you don’t remember the way you went
The traffic or even the journey for that matter

Have you ever looked back over the week
And thought to yourself, OMG how time has past
But thought how it seemed that only yesterday
You were thinking, can the weekend get here fast

Have you ever wondered why your tears are silent
But that silence can speak a thousand words
And how a bubble can float into the air
Unless someone pops it first

Have you ever thought how on earth can I go on
And then something unexpected opens your mind
It’s like you wake up from a conscious coma
But things are so bright you’re almost blind

Have you ever lived in a world of denial
Said to someone, I’m fine, when you’re really not
And told someone, don’t worry about me
But realised later, you’re a lying twat?

Have you ever wanted to talk about something
But you’re scared of sounding like a broken record
Constantly getting stuck on that one track
Not able to move forward?

Have you ever been lost for words
But not able to remain quiet
Have you ever sat in a room that is silent
But all you hear is a riot.

I have

These are all the things that happen
When my mind just won’t shut down
It’s when my voice inside my own head
Just keeps talking round and round

And it’s when my mind does these things
Keeps thinking of all that needs to be done
Of all the things I need to say
To that very special someone

His time is coming soon now, it’s so close
I will get my chance, my moment in time
I will say to him, Dad I love you
And thanks for being mine.

Thanks for making me laugh, and cry
Thanks for being my pillar of strength
But it’s ok to shut your eyes now
You don’t need to go extraordinary lengths

You can rest, you can be at peace
You can leave this place of pain
And you can be with your loved ones
Wrapped in their loving arms again.

Heaven is calling you Angel, My father
I love you and forever will
But I don’t want you to hang on anymore
I don’t want you to be so ill

Go now Dad, don’t fight anymore,
And know, we know you didn’t give up
Sometimes fighting to stay is harder
Because you will leave the ones you love

But we will be fine, don’t worry now
Close your eyes and let your eternal sleep begin
Because watching you suffer as much as you are
Is really doing my head in.

But it’s not that I want you to leave at all
And I am not saying that I want you gone
I just want you to be at peace and pain free Dad
For you, that’s all I want

©Janeen Hayes 2015

3 comments:

  1. Jay, such heartfelt emotion so beautifully expressed. Your dad is in my prayers. You are in my heart. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jay I have read this a few time today and I will say it has brought tears to my eyes every time. All I can say to you is I am thinking of you and I love you. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jay, sad yet so beautiful! .....with you in spirit...I have been there...twice...in a 43 days' timeframe.....You let it out in such an extraordinary way!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my Blog. May the sun always shine on you, even if it is the darkest of days.